Many homeowners have begun to install solar panels onto their homes’ roofs. They are a great way to reduce your carbon footprint and save money on electricity every year. You need to hire a great solar installation company in your area that understands the process thoroughly. Before you hire anyone, you want to schedule a consultation, so you can ask important questions. Going into the process with all the information you need will help tremendously, so the questions you should ask include:
- Do you have extensive training in home solar energy installations?
- How many panels would you recommend for my property?
- How many solar panel systems have you installed throughout your career?
- Do you collaborate with a licensed roofer on your projects?
- Does your team include a licensed and experienced electrician?
- Do you have any references I can contact?
- What certifications do you have?
- What long-term service policies do you provide?
- Do you warranty parts and labor?
- Are you bonded and insured?
The purpose of all of these questions is to ensure your solar installation goes perfectly. You do not want the contractor to be halfway through the project only for something to go wrong at the last minute. You also do not want to run into any legal trouble. Your solar installer should have his or her own insurance policy. Therefore, if anyone on the team gets hurt during the installation, then you are not liable. By asking all of these questions, you can have the peace of mind your solar panels will be perfect soon.
Hire an Expert Near You
You will find plenty of online reviews for solar installation companies in your city. However, you can only know if someone is right for you by scheduling a face-to-face consultation. Contact a solar panel installer near you right away to get a quote and to get started on this eco-friendly endeavor.